Be My Valentine - Banner


We finally have a fireplace with a mantel, which means now we can put up special celebration banners for each occasion.  Happy New Years, Merry Christmas, etc...  and for Valentine’s Day, I went with “Be My Valentine”.  Hopefully Chris will accept!

Be my valentine first photo judi fox blog valentines day banner
To make a holiday banner like this some people use a cricut.  But I still think it’s a bug that chirps and keeps me up at night when I am camping.   Valentines Day Banner Celebrations
I just made a PowerPoint Template (Free Banner Template HerePDF and PowerPoint Versions), printed the letters and the banner outline template, punched the letters out with a 3.5 inch scallop punch, used a sharpie to make dots in each of the scallops, cut out the first banner piece and traced that onto the colored paper I wanted to use for my banner.  To assemble the banner together, I punched holes in the top of each banner piece, used a scrapbook adhesive runner to attach the printed letters, and used ribbon to string them all together.  Voila! 

Be my valentine judi fox blog valentines day banner 2Be my valentine judi fox blog valentines day banner 4

One last thing that I did was plan ahead.  I cut out matching banner pieces and attached them on the back.  This way I am ready for “Happy Mother’s Day”, “Happy Father’s Day”, and “Happy Snow Day”.

Be my valentine judi fox blog valentines day banner 3

Here is where I found some inspiration for my banner.  Amy at The Happy Scraps Blog shares her beautiful Happy Birthday {Banner} here with lots of great photos. 

The Happy Scraps Blog Happy Birthday Banner

She does have a cricut, which probably keeps her up at night for another reason – the ability to make a million cool projects.

Happy Valentine’s Day!

This entry was posted in ,. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your comments are welcome and appreciated. I simply ask that you choose kindness and love to embrace your words and share respectfully and joyfully with others online. Thank you! PS - All posts are moderated and anonymous posts are generally not published.