How to Stop Worrying and Start Living

Personally, I need reminders that I am not in charge of everything and that I sometimes need help and a little bit more faith.  Recently my family went through a lot of changes (having a baby, listing our town house for sale, putting everything into a shipping container, moving to a foreign country, living in temporary housing without an end in sight, looking for housing (which was proving to be difficult), dealing with a baby that wasn't adjusting well and turns out had food allergies, and living without an internet connection for over 5 months…. Just to name a few :)


Basically these types of changes can cause a lot of stress and worry, especially when the future is uncertain.  Of course, over time many of these things will work themselves out and life will find a new rhythm and we will learn how to live in this new environment.  However, in the moment it felt like things were spinning round and round and we had no idea where anything was going to end up when the turmoil was over. 

I was talking to my sister, during one of my rare times of being on a good internet connection, and she mentioned that she was reading a book called “How to Stop Worrying and Start Living” by Dale Carnegie.  I told her that it sounded like a great book and that I should probably read it based on how I was currently feeling, but being in a foreign country I just wasn't sure how I was going to get my hands on this book (in English).  I thought to myself that if I was meant to read it – then somehow it will work itself out.  Little did I know how true that would turn out to be.   

The following week, our shipping container was being moved into a storage facility because we still hadn't found a place to live.  We were opening some boxes to find our winter coats, boots, gloves, etc… (we were not prepared to be in temporary housing for this long) and low and behold in one of the first boxes we opened was THIS BOOK – “How to Stop Worrying and Start Living”.  I had bought this book years and years ago and forgot that I even had it.  Turns out that I had never read it.  It is amazing how God really stepped in at this moment to supply me with a book that I needed to read. 

God was saying loud and clear  - “Now is the perfect time to read this book and here it is.”  

This entry was posted in ,,. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your comments are welcome and appreciated. I simply ask that you choose kindness and love to embrace your words and share respectfully and joyfully with others online. Thank you! PS - All posts are moderated and anonymous posts are generally not published.